Saturday, May 5, 2018

I don't now what to title this

Hey guys/gals/whatever. It's now May 2018. 
MAY. Already. This year is almost half way over!
But, time goes by fast. I won't start another rant on that lol. I haven't posted for like, 2 months.Every day I have been working hard in school and during work outs. It's been Track Season since March and that makes my days even harder. I have had to incorporate Track everyday (with the exception of about 1 rest day a week, but I still practice basketball those days) with a basketball and weightlifting session. I've literally been going to Track for two hours after school, then going to the Boys and Girls club gym to play pickup basketball for an hour, then he home and practice basketball on my own hoop, and then work out for 1 hour about 5-6 days a week. Now Track season is almost over and I'm just a little nostalgic. This has been my first school year playing for an actual basketball and track team, despite the fact that I practiced basketball a lot before this year. I've always been questioning my skills, though. It seems like no matter how hard I work, I just never get any better. I lack the in game skills that people have from playing basketball for a team for years. They know how to score points, and with my first school season, I wasn't like that. I've joined a Boys and Girls Club team now during track season and it will continue through the summer. About two weeks ago was the first game I had 20 points- but the other team was pretty small lol. I still doubt myself as to getting better. I've been looking up spacing drills (getting open on the court, as it helps you score more) and have been practicing those. I have an absolute passion for the game of basketball, but I am so far behind everyone else. Meanwhile, the best kids sit back, relax, and don't put any real time into practicing. I envy them for that. I just don't know what the future holds. Next year, I'll be a Freshman in High School. Will I make the team? Or will I just have to give up on it forever? I don't even care about going pro. I just want to make the varsity team one day.
On the other hand, I'm pretty average at Track. I don't want to make it my main sport, but it is fun, though. I like to hang out with my friends during it. I take each workout seriously, and you really push yourself during track. Also, weightlifting is probably up there with basketball on my favorite sports list, as I did start before a lot of others and it's really fun to see gains lol. I just can't join a team for that.
During school, now, the pressure is on. Middle school is super easy. I still have gotten my straight A's. This year, I have improved so much at math. I just didn't understand basic algebra last year because it was new to me. In Integrated 1, (I'm taking Freshman math currently in 8th grade, it's the advanced class) we skipped our unit on exponential functions because it was too easy for us. We're currently working on quadratics and starting a mini trigonometry unit. Our teacher says it isn't part of the curriculum for our class, but it'l help us in the future. The thing is, though, I'm pretty nervous or High School. Will it be just like the transition to Middle School? I heard that it is way harder and you get a ton more homework. I'l really have to start staying up late at night to accomplish all of my goals. I'm really just concerned about my grades and what high school sport will be like. 
I guess I should just enjoy my last month of middle school. There's few learning days left with all of the field trips 8th graders get. I'm at a point right now where I just don't know what will happen next. I will be continuing my workouts to get better at my three sports. Hard work will pay off, no doubt, but I just don't know when or how. I don't care about genetics or natural ability, because those are some of my least favorite words. I'l just have to ignore any negative thoughts and keep working hard. And once high school arrives, I'll really have to learn how to manage time so I can still get my full workouts in every day and continue getting straight A's. It would be cool to play basketball for college, but I just don't see it. That's why I work so hard in the classroom, even though I have no idea yet what I really want to make of myself. I know there are people in this world that have bigger worries, but this is part of life. Working hard through obstacles. Everybody goes through them, and these are just mine, and mine only. If you want something, you work for it. 
This brings me to my final question. What will I do with this blog? It's obvious that I have no passion at all for bogging anymore. I never even post. I do have time at night to post, but I don't. I really don't know if anyone will read these because this blog is dead. But if you are, tell me what you think I should do. Right now, I'm thinking about trying to post more, but mixing interesting Animal Jam posts with ones that are related to my life. 
So... that's all for now. I'm also updating the template today. Just remember, if you're a friend of mine on AJ, I still am wiling to talk whenever you want. I remember all of you and have amazing memories that include my AJ friends. I'm not quitting, and don't plan on it anytime soon. Also, I probably have some grammar mistakes in this post, so just know that. I don't really care but just wanted to get this out.

1 comment:

Violet AJ said...

Thanks for posting Penguin!! I hope school and sports continue to go well for you. As for posting, its nice how you post about your life the odd time.