Thursday, August 2, 2018

Why I Am Getting Back Into Blogging

The title says it all.

Everyone lately has been talking about the thought of quitting blogs and AJ, but nobody has done it completely. So many of my friends have lost interest in this game this year and have decided to not post nearly as much. I could never comment on blogs because of a certain glitch that was never fixed, but I was really sad when I saw that Nafaria9 decided to make the "update" post. I know she's not quitting, but I also know that I won't be seeing her posts like I did years ago. And to be honest, The Animal Jam Whip was my main inspiration to start my own blog back in 2014. I just hope you know, Nafaria, that I'll always be willing to talk on instagram and snapchat. I don't currently have a console but I might be getting one soon. 
Other people, too, have lost interest in Animal Jam. Pretty much everyone. Honestly, how many people post regularly on their blogs anymore? Not a lot. Not a lot at all. It's just sad to see the Blogger Community slowly losing people. And guess what? It's the same thing with the Youtube community. Views are going down and youtubers are posting less and less content about AJ. I asked random people in Aldan what they thought about this and they were completely oblivious to it. They acted like everything I said was not a reasonable point to prove that Animal Jam is not what it once was. The game is really losing its older members. But is it making way for a newer generation? I don't know. 
My buddies have really impacted me over the years on this game. When awesomepanda868 quit in 2017, that also devastated me. I couldn't even comment, but I hope all bloggers reading this know that I am reading posts daily and have thoughts about them. In December of 2017, purplestarclub quit. I hated this also, just like when Panda quit. It was sad to see some of my oldest friends go. Just recently, everyone has been posting rants on the AJ game. Sarahkey8, who is an author on The Animal Jam Community (which I will start posting on again), just made a post about what she feels. And it's all true. People are losing interest in AJ. It's sad to see her say all of this, but also must be relieving for her to say. Lostfairy of the AJ Jumble just made a post about her losing interest in the game as well. She stated that her blog has been dead. Lostfairy is a great buddy and I admire how her posts are so well thought out, and how she puts so much effort into them. I also respect what she said in this post, because it's relatable to pretty much every AJ blogger right now. It's also sad to see that post on her blog. People, like me, are simply losing interest in Animal Jam. 
Animal Jam used to be fun. I remember logging on, looking for buddies online, going to their den, and having long conversations. There were a lot of people I met that became amazing friends, some not even through blogger. Some of the people I haven't mentioned yet are sixty58 (I have so many memories with her!), lilkinzie (she has supported me throughout my blogging years and is always kind!), meeper2 (another supporter of my blog and someone that will help you when in need), cyacheer (a selfless person who is absolutely amazing at art), koolestkat (another kind and caring friend), tig47498 (yet another nice person who was willing to help), tigers123g (tigers made a a lot of memories with me and they were super nice),  2fangwolf (a great blogger and role model for others), arcticstar8404 (a super kind person and someone who I looked up to around the time I started blogging), cheetah87516 (great at graphics and a nice person), and ja983 (a really great blogger who has great ideas and is a great buddy). There are still more people but so many to list, and that paragraph was written fast but thought out well. These are all amazing people and have really shown that the AJ blogger community is one of the best communities out there. 
Swirlshine, another amazing buddy of mine, still posts, and that's cool. She also puts a ton of effort into her posts and it really shows. Her posts are also unique. Violet86271, owner of The Animal Jam Legendary Palooza, also still posts, and she's  a really great friend of mine that I've known for years. The AJ Blogger Community is not dead. There are still people who post. There are also a lot of newer bloggers who I haven't met/don't know well because I haven't been active in the community this year at all. Props to you guys for still posting, though! I hope to get more connected to you guys and become great friends.
Not a lot of Bloggers have truly quit the game or blogger itself, but they have lost interest and decided to not post as much. That's what most people are doing now. As of now, though, I'm deciding to full on start posting again. I'll get into the reason why soon.
One of my best friends on AJ, who is also probably one of my oldest buddies I've recently talked to, is talking with me again. Her username on AJ is carrot04. She used to run a blog called Animal Jam Lights The Way, around 2014-2015. I've had a lot of AJ memories with this person, from The Phantom Grill (insert overused lol here), to The Voice AJ (including other buddies in that, too!), and many others. I can't list them all. She really made an impact on my life, along with all of my other buddies. I'm finally in touch with Carrot again after a while, and this made me realize something. I should continue posting as much as I want to, because, honestly, you never, ever know what will happen in the future. Big things could happen. I don't want to stop posting regularly like I did earlier this year, because I want to stay around for a long time. When I first started the AJS, I wanted to become famous and become a well known blogger. That's not my focus anymore, though. I want to now use this blog to stay in touch, post about interesting AJ topics, and to stick around for the future. I don't want to stop posting or go on a hiatus, at least not for a while. I've had so many memories from this game and I can still manage to take the 1% of it that is interesting and remain an active player/blogger because of that.
So yeah, to wrap things up, you can expect more posts from me. This post started off seeming like a quitting one, but all of the stuff lead up to the end. I will continue posting because I don't know what will happen in the future. Good things, bad things, you never really know. Bad things have happened already, but there will also be many, many more good things to happen. Also, forgive me for the horrible grammar and misspelling in this post, because I do not feel like going back and editing this. That would take forever and it wouldn't be the point of the post. Now I am going to publish this and pray to god that it was written the way I truly wanted it to be, (insert another overused lol here).

Well, I guess I'll see you in my next post, lol. 

11 comments:

Sarahkey said...

Ahh, this is an amazing post Penguin! I'm glad you are going to continue to post, and I look forward to each one!

I've wondered as well if the new generation of Jammers is going to come, while we quit. I don't want to lose interest in AJ, but that can't be helped of course.

I am actually inspired by this post

P.S
How long have you been playing AJ?

Penguin55544 said...

If I remember right, I didn't really play that often at all, but I created my account while at Boys and Girls club in late 2010.

KingJamaa said...

I agree so much with this post. to be rightfully honest. I stopped posting on the Animal Jam Comet when I got too busy with school, so I didn’t have a lot of time to post or play AJ. I’m just in the community still because I adore what I can do with the game– art, edits, stories, graphics, dens, etc– and of course to maintain my lovely friendships with people on the Amino community and blogger community.

I’m excited for the next wave of posts for the AJS, as well as the game itself~

(By the way, this is CosmicCheetah/Cheetah87516. Your compliments really made me happy <3)

Lostfairy said...

This post. Is truly amazing. I agree with everyone Sarah said. This post actually inspires me. What you said about my post? That inspires me and legit almost brought a tear to my eye. :’)

Thank you for making this post. It was so needed and encouraging.

Penguin55544 said...

You two are welcome!

Violet AJ said...

Wow, this is well said. Aj is losing their spark, but that doesn't mean we all have to stop playing the game. Updates might be great, new content might not be added but still... Anyways.... this is big discussion for another time XD

purple said...

Reading this post was an emotional rollercoaster, haha. So many memories, wow.
I wish you good luck, Penguin! I hope you can keep posting and enjoying the game. I, myself, never wanted to leave AJ. I wanted to keep playing AJ just like I used to in the past, posting almost daily, talking with my friends for hours on end and everything else too but life and school was going to hit me all at once if I didn’t quit sooner. I understand how all the other bloggers are losing interest, it’s only natural, but I’m still glad people like you are working hard to keep this community alive. Animal Jam still has long ways to go but the players’ spirits are the only thing that can help keep it up and running. It puts a big smile on my face every time I see someone working hard for this community.
I do feel very bad for leaving the game behind especially when it already had plenty of people quitting already, but it couldn’t be helped, life always comes first. I admit, I’m not the only busy person here (of course haha), plenty of Jammers are writing, drawing and doing all sorts of things for the community with tight schedules but it’s hard for me to manage doing lots at a time so I decided it was best if I just quit. I still haven’t given up on the community, though! I believe you guys can keep it alive. I’ll be supporting you all. ^.^ (Sorry for the long comment, ahh)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I’m new to all these blogs, but I just wanted to say TYSM for writing this post. So many bloggers are quitting AJ, I really needed this post�� I’m going to start my own blog when I’m older, and you guys are my inspiration.
Jam on,
Naturalrebal9

Penguin55544 said...

Violet and Purple, you guys both said really true points. I'm also glad you two read my blog still! Thanks for commenting, too.

Also, to naturalrebal9, I'm glad we inspire you! It feels weird to have someone say that because it's like deja vu; not too long ago we were the ones saying that. I hope you can take your inspirations, though, and make a great blog in the future.

q1zx said...

Well you've inspired a lot of people, lol.

Anonymous said...

IKWYM about people quitting blogs. Mine is new, (*claps*) but new Animal Jam blogs don't just spring up everywhere. I don't know why the community is dying,' but all I know is that it IS dying. We have to support all the Animal Jam blogs until they quit because, of course, not everyone can blog forever, especially about Animal Jam. And who knows? Maybe one day that blogger will come back. Let's hope Animal Jam (Classic) doesn't end up getting ruined, just because of this Chromebook issue.

~Dogo
P.S. I ran across your blog while looking for the RIM for today because I'm a Chromebook player and it doesn't let me log on :T