Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A Common Trend

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past year, you'd have realized a common trend on AJ: everyone is quitting.
I haven't quit. I still plan on sticking til the end. I haven't posted in forever, though, and I'm working on a post to catch you all up on my life. That'll be for another time, though.
So yeah, people keep quitting. Even Aparri has quit, and he made a video about his departure. Like him or not, he had a major impact on the game and it sucks to see him go.
Bloggers have been quitting, too. Both the Youtube and Blogger communities have lost members. What's causing this?

There's two main reasons...
#1: AJ is not the same game as it was in 2014-2016. Those were probably the best years for the game overall. Today, we have worse updates, and AJHQ is focusing more on Play Wild.
#2: Older AJ players are growing out of the game. Yep, people are starting to realize life isn't just a computer game.

It's really, really sad to me to see people quit. It's not just because they were friends, or because they were good content creators, it's also because this may be the downfall of AJ. I don't want to lose this game as it has made a huge impact on my life and still does. The community doesn't thrive anymore as there are less Youtubers and Bloggers.
It just sucks. I hope that AJHQ starts putting more effort into updates, and we an get more Youtubers to start helping improve the quality of the game and community.
Anyways... I just needed to say all that.

2 comments:

Violet AJ said...

Yeah, it’s sad that the older generations on Aj are fading...

Lil' said...

I joined back in 2014ish and I can definitely say those were the best AJ years. I just think AnimalJam has just gone to the max that the game could ever go. All they can really do is release more animals, dens, and items. There's really no other features at this point, so all the updates are just repeating. It's sad to see that, but I mean what do you expect? It could explain why the mobile version is such a big priority? All the potential the game has that AJPC already has reached. (Such as adventures and more)
I'm with you on the sticking around thing. I'm in my late teens, but regardless AnimalJam has definitely made such a big impact on my life. I met the best friend of my life there along with so many other people, many who have quit. It seems like the new generation of AJ is so much different? I don't have really any proof and it may just be age, but my interactions with everyone just isn't the same.
I still don't think AnimalJam (PC) is reaching its end anytime soon. There's a lot of commercials and merchandise along with so many kids still throwing money at the game. Almost everyone you look at is a member, myself included because wow it's so easy to throw money at this game. :') A lot of people may be quitting since the games on loop, but most likely these younger kids don't care, or don't realize.
I also think the trading system is helping keep some people.
It is a pain to see many people quitting but all my 'OG' friends except you and one other person quit long ago for me and I can just remember all the dumb things we did together.
Sorry for the little essay and all, I just love to 'rant' or ramble :')
-Lil