Thursday, October 26, 2017

Ugh

Ugh, sometimes, I hate making mistakes.
For my school basketball team, I messed up badly today. We have six teams: Reserved C, Reserved B, Reserved A, JV, and Varsity.  It goes from 'less experienced' to 'experienced' respectively. Right now I'm either on the Varsity/JV team (they haven't picked our exact teams yet but organized our practices by who they think will make what) and I'm worried they might move me off the team. I did today's practice bad. I messed up the drills, but I knew myself that I had the potential to be better. I know I was not doing my best today, but when I'm around people that are better than me, it makes me nervous. That's what happened today at practice. Honestly, I'm thinking about quitting. I really don't want to cause my team to lose right now. Also, I don't know if basketball will really affect school this year, as I've really only played for Boys and Girls club in the past. That's a different story. I need to let out all my thoughts to you guys because my friends online are really intelligent, unlike the majority of people at my school. Should I quit? I don't feel like I'm good enough after everything today, and our Coach saw my mistakes. Even if I got moved down to the 'less experienced' team it would motivate me to quit. I hate making these kind of mistakes because my mind doesn't take things easily. I'll worry over the smallest things. 
Just, if you're reading this, give some advice? I feel weird asking this. I just need to know what I should do. 

3 comments:

LilKinzie, Your old friend said...

I honestly think you should keep trying. Even if you're moved down, the coach will still see-- and observe- your practice. If you don't want to move down, you can talk to your coach during a time fitting for both of you and explain your dilemma. You seem as you're really passionate about basketball and I don't think you should quit because you're not "good" enough. Remember, you can't get better if you don't try and practice. If your coach is a good guy and cares about the boys he mentors, he should certainly understand, or try to. Most likely, you're not the only kid with this problem and I think you should face your fears and become something even better. People are always happier when they do something that they love.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Well you shouldn't just quit cuz you think ur not good enough!
It's ur choice! If you wanna play basketball you gotta continue!
Just keep trying! Who cares if you didn't make a perfect shot or you are in the less experienced team?!
I mean...No one is perfect!!
One day you might be the champion and prove the coach wrong!
Just try again and if you fall WELL GET BACK UP!
If your passion is basketball! Then you go for it! But if you're just playing eh!
Don't play for the coach!
Don't play for the team
PLAY FOR YOU!!
Hope I helped you!

Anonymous said...

Oh and just for inspiration listen to the song TRY EVERYTHING