Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Decision of a Lifetime

Yes, yes, I know, I haven't been posting for the past two days. But the weirdest thing ever happened: I was selected for a Scholarship Opportunity- at a Private School. All the money will be payed. They said I have the best grades out of everyone in my grade, and I have straight A's. Yes, that's true. But here is the catch- I have to go to a private School. That means leaving all of my real life friends that I've known forever in the dust. I know this is an amazing opportunity and all that, but I can't do that to my friends. I would feel guilty. And just texting them on the phone or stuff like that- well, I want to actually see them. And I have too much homework and I couldn't visit them if I wanted to. So, basically I am making the choice of a lifetime- and whichever one I make could impact many things in the future. I have until November to make the choice and sign up for the School, so I'll have to think. The School costs nearly 100,000 dollars for 4 years of School (8th to 12th grade is what my Mother wants), and this scholarship pays all of that money. Yes, it's like winning the lottery and opens up so many doors! But once again, what about my real life friends? Ugh. I have no idea what to do. I just want to go and cry about the thought of never seeing my friends again. Please, if you can, make a suggestion or something you think could help me in the comments. I'd really appreciate it. Once again, thanks for viewing. (I got a little tired of posting and decided to take a break. I'll be back by Saturday.) 
Wish me luck for whatever happens... 

2 comments:

gingy gingy said...

Oh my gosh Penguin! This IS the decision of a lifetime! You must feel so honored to receive that scholarship. Congrats! ;)

I agree with everything else you said. Leaving your friends behind would be really
tough. I wish I could help you, but unfortunately I have no advice. DX

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Good vibes are being sent your way :)

awesomepanda868 said...

Wow! Congratulations on the scholarship--that is a huge achievement!

It seems so sad to leave all of your friends behind, though... there isn't really a right answer to this situation, but if it were me, I would accept the scholarship. You can always spend more time with your friends, but you might not get another opportunity like this for awhile.

Unless you're super close with your friends. In that case, I think it would be too hard to leave them.

Good luck! I wish you the best of happiness!