Friday, September 9, 2016

A Jammer's Dream, Book 2: The Forgotten Alpha (Part 3)

Ready for another part of A Jammer's Dream, Book 2: The Forgotten Alpha? Here it is!
Like every other part, I have to say a few things first. Some parts may not be in paragraph form because of Blogger. Also, make sure to read all the other parts before reading this one! Now, here is the third part of the second book. 

Sprinting through the forest, the eight of us are glaring at our surroundings as we zoom past them. I know we have to hurry if we want to get through this forest on time. My fellow companion, Keenen, is having trouble keeping up.
“Keenen, get on my back,” I request.
“But won’t it be alot harder for you then?” Keneen counters.
I gesture for him to get on my back, without responding. He scrambles on top and I begin sprinting again. I catch up with the others easily. I believe being slightly smaller gives me quickness.
“Cup! Watch out!” I hear Padanda gasp. I glance below my paws, running through the deep snow. There’s a gigantic hole in the ground ahead. I skid and try to stop, but I was running so fast it’s hard to stop. Keenen jumps off of my back right as I fall into the deep hole. I hit the cold, hard ground with a thud.
It’s very dark down here, and the ground is wet mud. There’s only a dim light from above.
“Cup, I’ll get you!” I can hear Padanda say from high above. Padanda jumps down into the hole and hits the ground with another thud. She gets up, and grabs me by the scruff with her mouth. Then I hear Rapicik up above.
“Guys, you have to hurry. I think this is a human trap!” Rapicik warns. He then lets a large branch hang down into the hole so we can use it to climb back up. He hangs onto it with his super strong jaws.
Padanda tells me to go first. I tell her that she should go first, but she doesn’t listen.
“Cup, you will save Jamaa. They need you. If the humans trap someone, it’ll be me, and not you,” Padanda then tosses me onto the branch, and I start climbing.
I think about Padanda. What a brave warrior. I hope that I will be like her someday. But I don’t want the humans to get her. I leap to the top of the branch and crawl out of the hole. Rapicik tells Padanda to hurry as the branch is getting harder to hold. I stare into an opening, and find a wooden cottage. Humans!
“Guys, there’s umans here! They must be trying to trap animals!” I warn. Dawn starts pacing the ground, waiting for Padanda to get back up here, while Mincero and Sinsar whisper to each other.
Nova hugs me quickly, and I get embarrassed. She looks me in the eye, then says, “I really thought you were going to be stuck with the humans. I’m glad Rapicik could save you. And Padanda was brave to go down there with you. Cup, I’m not brave. I would’ve had no idea how to save you…” Nova backs away.
“I’m sorry,” she finishes.
“Nova, it’s not your fault,” I tell her. I know she would’ve done anything to save me, but how on earth could she lift a branch and let us crawl up? Only experienced animals like Rapicik could do that.
We all continue walking through the snowy forest in silence Nobody talks about anything. We decide to rest in a cave hidden under many trees. I quickly fall into sleep.
“Cup, great danger awaits. Not all of your members will survive the journey you are on. I cannot tell you when this will happen, or how, because I can’t see that. I can’t tell who, either. Keep your eyes open,” a mysterious voice says in my mind.
“Wait- who are you?” I ask. I’m talking to nothing but a voice in the air. I can see myself, but I’m floating in blackness. All I can see is the color black, and nothing else.
“You will find out later. But not for a long time. Cup, you are the one to save Jamaa. The mysterious force is not who you believe it is, but the unexpected arrival of our greatest fears. Something similar has happened to you. I am warning you, Cup, there are many battles to be fought, but the most dangerous one yet isn’t far away. You will save jamaa. You will become a legend,” the voice booms.
“Who is the mysterious force?” I question.
“We do not know that much yet. But it will consist of many, many animals. It will not be the Phantoms,” the voice replies.
“And by the way, I am not the one to save Jamaa. I am weak!” I try to explain.
“Not, you are night. The greatest warrior Jamaa has ever had will teach you the ways,” I shudder at the thought of being trained. Could this weird voice be talking about the Forgotten Alpha?
Suddenly, the voice shrieks, and the blackness turns to deep ice. The ice cracks beneath my paws, and I fall down. And down. Down. Down, down, down…
“Oh, Cup, you always knew I would take over Jamaa!” a hiss comes from an animal that sounds familiar.
“Who’s there?” I raise my eyebrows. I am no longer falling, but in a cave made out of ice.
“Put together the clues and you’ll understand every prophecy,” the new voice says with a sarcastic tone.
“I am the one that will be your greatest enemy,” the voice continues.
I glare around, looking for a sign of any living creature. Nothing is there except for me and the ice that surrounds myself.
“Then show yourself,” I order.
A quick glob of fur races out of nowhere, fast as lightning. I can’t catch what the animals looks like, but it pounces on me. I close my eyes in terror as the animal bites down onto my throat. No! I can’t die here!
I sit up. I’m still in the ice cave, but I’m not dead. There’s no sign of the attacker.
“So, you thought you’d seen the last of me?” the invisible force questions.
“I will make you suffer before you die. You will not expect me to kill you later! You will watch Nova die, but you will be so badly wounded you can’t help!” the evil entity laughs.
“I would not let that happen, no matter what!” I scream back.
Then I jolt awake.
Beside me, an ancient wolf sits. He looks strong and wise.
“Cup, you aren’t awake yet. Do not fear the enemy; for he fears you. Trust your instincts. Don’t forget that. Deep down, even if you think you’re wrong, your instincts will always turn out to be right. You knew Kurkah wasn’t a great animal, but you didn’t admit it. You didn’t even think about it. You wanted to believe yourself, but your instincts said otherwise. Don’t let that get in your way!” the wolf demands. Just then, I realize I am in the presence of Zios. I’m in the cave the others and I discovered, but they aren’t here. I have to still be dreaming!
“Zios, thank you for the advice. I need to wake up now. We have to move on!” I tell him. Zios gazes at me with bright yellow eyes. I now remember that he can shapeshift and be anything he wants.
“Thank you, Cup. If you see the enemy again, be careful. Even in dreams this animal can be deadly,” Zios warns. Then I see his vanish into thin air. I all of a sudden wake up.
“Wow, Cup! Have you been having nightmares? You’ve been tossing and turning all night!” Nova laughs. I rub my eyes with my paws and spot Keenen across the cave.
“Hey, Keenen, are we almost out of the snowy forest?” I ask. I can’t remember, but I know that Keenen remembers things well.
“Yes, Cup.”
Rapicik tells us all that we have to get going. I get up and stretch, while Padanda comes over to me.
“Cup, were you having dreams about the future?” she asks.
I stare at her, tilt my head to one side, then nod.
“How do you know?” I raise my eyebrow.
“I know how you feel. I can tell if someone is having those kinds of dreams. I can see what animals are dreaming about if I can concentrate hard. I was born with that special power,” Padanda explains.
As we exit the cave with Rapicik in the lead, Padanda and I continue talking.
“Padanda, have you ever met the Forgotten Alpha before?” I blurt out.
“Yes. When I was very little. Maybe about your age. He was maybe double my age. Rapicik has been alive longer than me, and he knows the Forgotten Alpha very well. But the Forgotten Alpha and I have a odd backstory,” says Padanda with a chill in her voice.
“Can you explain?” I ask.
“Well, umm… it’s hard to…” Padanda stares out into the wilderness, beyond the snow covered ground and into the thousands of trees.
“You can tell me,” I assure.
“We fell in love. But I knew it wasn’t going to work out. He was in love with Ireena, another brave soldier of Jamaa. And there was the age difference. Faber, the Forgotten Alpha, had to let me go. That’s all in the past now,” Padanda sheds a single tear down her cheek.
“I’m glad that you trust me with this information,” I say. “It makes me feel like I have more friends.”
Padanda smiles, and then the trip turns back into silence.
Up ahead Rapicik is leading the way with Mincero and Sinsar by his side. I travel up to Mincero. He looks about Rapicik’s age, so he might have some information on the Forgotten Alpha, too.
“Hey, Mincero, did you ever meet the Forgotten Alpha?” I ask.
Mincero, being the brave and intelligent lion he is. Replies with a nod. He then begins to speak.
“The Forgotten Alpha was the bravest animal I’ve ever seen,” Mincero guarantees.
Just then I spot Rocky talking to Nova. I can see Nova blushing, and Rocky smiling like he’s all that. I feel a surge of anger flowing through my body.
“Hey, Nova, are you doing fine?” I step in between the two.
“Yeah,” she says without any emotion in her voice.
“Hey, Cup, what are you doing over here? Go back and talk to Mincero,” Rocky snarls.
“Make me!” I argue.
Dawn, the large and tough rhino, walks over to us.
“Enough of this nonsense. There will be no fighting here!” Dawn orders.
“There will be fighting if Rocky doesn’t go away,” I warn with fire blazing in my eyes.
“How about you go away?” Rocky counters.
“Enough!” Dawn shrieks. Both of us are silent now. The authority in Dawn’s voice shuts us both up.
“Nobody shall fight on an important journey like this. Be loyal to your peers. Loyalty is one of the foremost traits, and fighting doesn’t improve your loyalty. Loyalty is earned through friendship. You must learn to get along if you want to fulfill this journey!” Dawn hands out his words of wisdom.

I let Dawn’s words sink in, but I still can’t believe that Rocky thinks he can take Nova away from me. I’m not Nova’s boyfriend or anything, but we’re friends and Rocky can’t take that away. If he thinks he does, he has alot more coming to him than he realizes.

No comments: