Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Jammer's Dream, Book 5: An Aspiration of Hope - Prologue

I have just finished the prologue for the next Jammer's Dream book. A lot is going to happen in the fifth book, and here is your sneak peak for it.

A Jammer’s Dream, Book 5: An Aspiration of Hope
Prologue
“I have taken over Jamaa, Ersel,” Kurkah whispers into the orb that once belonged to Cup. He sits back and relaxes in Cup’s den as Ersel answers.
“Great, but have you killed any of the alphas?” growls Ersel.
“Umm, no, but…” Kurkah begins to explain, but Ersel interrupts him with ease.
“Kill the alphas. I know they will attack again to take Jamaa back. If you do not kill any of them in the battle, I will kill you- again. I only brought you back to life to give you a second chance. I knew you could help me, but remember, I can kill you,” warns Ersel with no sense of humor in his voice. Kurkah doesn’t respond, but just stares into blank space.
“I won’t betray you. You are like a father to me. After bringing me back, we became close and you trained me to fight well,” Kurkah dips his head to Ersel. He doesn’t respond, but changes the subject in a matter of seconds.
“Also, for now, we are good. I’ve tried to convince Cup that Rocky is Jamaa’s enemy, but he doesn’t believe me. However, everyone else does, and the majority wins, right?” Ersel laughs through the orb with a huge grin on his face.
“What about your health? I mean, you could still live another thirty Jamaasian Years until your death. But your health is messed up and you could die soon,” Kurkah questions Ersel with curiosity in his dark voice.
“Don’t worry, Kurkah, it’s all a lie. I’m not sick. I am perfectly fine. I want them to think I am weak so when I invade, they wouldn’t expect it. I was originally named Archie, Kurkah. I ran away from my parents because my life was horrible. I formed the Tribe of Ersel Animals. My great great great grandfather was named Ersel, and I figured I would take the name. I never knew him, but I looked up to him. There were so many stories about him…” Ersel suddenly seems lost in thought.
“Ersel? Are you okay?” Kurkah seems confused, staring through the mystical orb in the dimly lit room.
Ersel doesn’t respond, but walks away from the orb, not making a sound. Then the room becomes dark again as the light from the orb is gone.
“I won’t fail you, Ersel. Jamaa didn’t give me anything that I wanted. I needed so much more,” Kurkah silently whispers.
He then trots out of the den in silence.

No comments: