Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Jammer's Dream, Book 5: An Aspiration of Hope - Part 1

Hey guys! I haven't posted another part of A Jammer's Dream lately, so here is the next one. I've been working on it for a while and I hope you enjoy it. If you didn't know, this occurs after the prologue. I really hope somebody reads this series and likes it, though. I work extremely hard on each book. But now, here it is!

Present
“No, Sinsar… we had so much more to do together…” Mincero’s voice whispers into Sinsar’s ears. Sinsar is 99 Jamaasian Years old at this moment, and old age is getting to him.
“Do not fear my death, Mincero. I will watch over you in the Jamaasian heavens. I promise it, Mincero. Your life will be amazing. Don’t be afraid of failing. Don’t be afraid of anything. Fear is worthless. Achieve your goals without fear. Failing is okay! If you become who you know you are, I will be proud,” Sinsar barely manages to whisper.
I let a tear roll down my cheek. The three of us are in Kurkah’s old den, where the Jamaasians are currently sheltering. We’re in a small, dark room with one table. Sinsar lies on it.
“Both of you are amazing. You will become a great part of Jamaa’s future. Please, please, understand it. You have always been a son to me, Mincero! And Cup, you will save Jamaa! Both of you are amazing animals, and it’s been the best part of my life to meet you,” Sinsar chokes out.
I dip my head in respect. It’s hard not to start bawling at this moment. Mincero’s tears are rolling down like a stream of gushing water. How close were they?
“The final battle is coming. It will arrive in exactly one week. Be aware…” Sinsar whispers. He then coughs up blood, and wheezes. He can’t breathe!
I rush to his side, comforting him.
“I love you, Mincero. You are not like a son, but you are a son. I’m glad you made it that way,” Sinsar lets out his last words. Then his body goes limp and his eyes close.
I turn away, not bearing to look at the horrible sight.
“I am sorry, Mincero,” I murmur.
He doesn’t respond, but remains crying. I exit the room and leave him alone.
I think about what Sinsar said. The final battle will be in one week. It’s not surprising at this moment, but we have to prepare.
There is a large hallway outside of the room, lit with torches. This place was overgrown with plants when we first arrived, but now it’s been fixed up so we can stay.
“Sinsar has passed away,” I silently say to Rapicik and Faber as they trot down the hallway.
Rapicik’s eyes suddenly cloud with depression. It only last for a moment, then it is gone.
“I hate to say this, but the final battle is coming in a week. Sinsar must’ve had another vision, and he told me before dying,” I continue.
Faber looks exhausted, and he doesn’t reply. What has gotten into everyone?
“I’m sorry, Cup. We’re all tired. It has been a long week and preparing to defeat Kurkah is a lot of training,” Faber finally admits. I nod in understanding.
“Let’s speak. Right now,” interrupts Rapicik. Faber looks surprised, but doesn’t argue.
“There has been a lot of tension lately, Cup. Many believe that Rocky is our final enemy. And Liza is about to do something to Rocky, for he is supposedly becoming a threat,” whispers Rapicik into my ear. We exit the underground den and out into the open prairie again. Faber listens silently, saying nothing.
“I know that, Rapicik. It’s obvious. Lately everybody has been avoiding Rocky except his own friends,” I squint into his eyes, heartbroken.
“I just don’t get it! What could he ever do to Jamaa? Can’t anybody at all get it into their minds that we are over it? The past tension between us is over, and I won’t let him die because of this,” I raise my voice higher for everyone to hear. A few heads turn in my direction while Liza and the other alphas are at the center of a crowd.
“But Cup, Greely has spoken up. He wants to ban Rocky, and possibly kill him if anything goes wrong,” Rapicik glares into my eyes.
“I’d like to see him try,” I turn around, facing Rapicik with pure hatred in my voice. I let the words be emphasized and then leave to find Nova.
Rapicik is still injured, but is now much better. I should be happy he’s better, but nothing can cheer me up at this point.
Nova is with Rocky in a shady area, surrounded by tall grass. They sit together, talking about who knows what. I join them as the bright sun shines in my eyes. It is late summer and autumn will be arriving soon.
“Rocky…” I begin to say, but he doesn’t let me finish.
“I know, Cup. I’m planning to leave soon. Please don’t tell anyone. I don’t belong here!” he bites his lower lip with nervousness.
“No, Rocky. That’s not the right thing to do. They don’t have enough proof yet. I know you aren’t the enemy anyways. And if they try to harm you, I’ll kill them,” Rapicik’s words flash in my mind. Greely wants Rocky dead.
“Thank you, Cup,” whispers Rocky.
“But what about Ersel? I know he is the enemy. I can feel it. Something is just… well, I’ve been thinking about him. It would make perfect sense if he was,” Nova interrupts Rocky and I.
“I believe you too, Nova. I’m sure that all three of us believe Ersel is the enemy. But nobody else does,” I grunt with anger.
“Then we have to prove it to them. But how? How is that even possible?” wonders Nova, looking up at the white clouds.
A small breeze hits me, and it’s almost as if a message was carried through it.
“I’m going to communicate with him through the orb. Maybe if I can get him to admit it to me, we can hide the other alphas in the room. He will tell me the truth. He probably already knows nobody would believe me,” I point out.
“No, Cup. I doubt it. I honestly think the best chance we have for finding proof is through Kurkah,” Rocky states his point.
“Even under his evil phantom side, I believe there’s still a little bit of his old self. I do miss the old him, Nova. I trusted him,” I try to explain to her.
Nova looks agitated, remembering his betrayal towards us. But then she lightens up.
“Maybe, just maybe, we can convince him to join us again. And he could tell us if Ersel is the enemy or not. If he doesn’t do that, we all have to pin him down, and threaten to kill him if he doesn’t tell us who is,” she starts explaining her plan.
“That sounds good, Nova. I doubt he cooperate, though…” Rocky stares off into the distance, looking at Jamaa Township. It is in ruins and phantoms are freely roaming it, waiting for us to return. But when we do, we will destroy them this time.

“By the way, Orellan wants to meet us tonight. Near the southern edge of the forest,” Nova finishes our conversation. I nod. But then I wonder what he could want. Why does he want to visit the edge of the forest?

No comments: