Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Bad Side of My History

Hello Jammers, today I want to share with you something that I've only told a few of my friends. Yes, back in 2012 and 2013, I was well... a Scammer. I used to scam with one of my life-long friends that I know in real life because I didn't know how others would feel about it. I knew these items were just pixels, and who cares about pixels? Well, I was wrong. And besides- I was pretty stupid. If I thought nobody cared about Pixels, then why did I scam those pixels? And I've already taken responsibility for this, it's just that not many people know this dark history. I really hate myself from back then. Anyways, my friend who we'll call Bob would scam helpless new Jammers that didn't know what was going on. I would also help him, but I targeted some people in Aldan- and I got a few den betas out of it. I eventually got to the climax of this- that friend of mine got into an argument with me. I had finally decided that Scamming was horrible, but he didn't believe me. We lost our friendship then. All because of Pixels... 
Now, remember back in November, or December (I don't remember) last year, I made post that expressed my feelings about some Den Betas coming back? Well, I'll admit something here, too- I had just become completely OBSESSED with rares again. Yes, in November/December 2015 I became obsessed with rares again. I was constantly trading and when those Den Betas were released, I was mad. I know, I know, that wasn't too long ago, but then I remembered that they are just PIXELS. And hey, at least I didn't scam then for those rares. I still have some today and people ask me for them, but I never trade anymore unless I really want to. I now don't really have anything to do with rares.
Let this be a lesson- scamming isn't worth it, and it can really hurt other's feelings. Pixels don't mean anything, either, so if you're obsessed, I'm not saying you should get rid of them. I'm just saying taking a break once in a while is good. I mean, if you take every minute of your day trading, you most likely won't get good grades and make it into a good college. And that won't be good- it'll be the Animal Jam McDonald's video all over again. Then there's a few more things I'd like to say. You know how so many people absolutely HATE scammers and won't give them a second chance? Well, I'm not that mad at them. Everyone can change, just like I did. "Once a Scammer, always a Scammer" is not true. Not one part of it. This has bee proven wrong thousands of times. If you're a scammer right now, you always have the chance to stop and make things right. Now this leads me to one last thing. Something I don't really think people know about. There's a few famous Jammers that make videos about rares, and then tell people to stop scamming. They think it is the AJ Community's fault, but I know that isn't entirely true. If those famous Jammers would slow down on the rare videos, people would be less encouraged to scam for the rares. Do you understand what I mean? If a famous Jammer makes an item rare, watch out for the scamming that will come... 
I hope you enjoyed this lesson and understand what I mean. I'm not against any famous Jammers, I'm just expressing my opinion on this. I'll be posting the update later when it is released. Anyways, that's all for now, and tell me what you think about this topic in the comments. I hope you all stay safe and have fun, so for now, this is Penguin saying goodbye from the other side (that must be the third time this month?)

3 comments:

purple said...

Everyone has done something in the past that they regret. I've never scammed, but I have been a hater to a blog dedicated to non members. I feel awful for the hate comments I posted on their blog. I understand you.
I seriously never got why the famous jammers make those "rare" videos. -.-

Lostfairy said...

Okay, I have to admit, I didn't expect this. But it is fine now that you aren't a scammer. :D We all make mistakes. But it's ok! You did the right thing and I am glad you don't scam anymore!! Your a great, amazing friend, Penguin! ^.^

Penguin55544 said...

Thanks for understanding guys :)