Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A Jammer's Dream, Book 2: The Forgotten Alpha (Part 1)

Hey guys! It's time for another part of A Jammer's Dream. I just started the second book in the series, and the first part is now finished. I hope you enjoy it! Once again, some parts may not be in Paragraph Form because Blogger doesn't allow it. If you haven't read the first book, make sure to go read it or this won't make any sense. Anyways, here is the first par of the second book. (Note- I believe Paragraph Form is finally working, so yay for that!)
A Jammer’s Dream, Book 2: The Forgotten Alpha
Ahh, a Jammer’s Dream. Yes, a Jammer’s Dream. If only that was what I went through. If only it was all a dream. None of this would’ve happened, and I wouldn’t of had to been the face of Jamaa during battle. I am no hero. I’m a coward!
“My old Jammer’s dream was to get that diamond sword. But I guess the journey did change me. Kurkah, Nova and I were sent to figure out where the Phantoms were at. We went on an adventure. Along the way, we met the Tribe of Ersel animals. They taught us how to find the Phantoms. So, we went their way. We escaped witches. We got out of swamps. We got through creepy jungles with forgotten temples. We even got a crystal that eventually we lost, but it was a good thing because it summoned bad luck. Then we got to the oceans, where we met the pirates. Keenen was a rat that lived on the ship. The ship took us to Carntimyus Island, where the Phantoms were, but we barely made it because of a storm. Once we were there, Sinsar and Mincero, two lost explorers, helped us find the fort. Kurkah betrayed us then and there. We used a portal to get back to Jamaa. We battled the Phantom, and almost lost. But then Ersel and his tribe came. Even though Ersel is small, he quickly pinned Kurkah to the ground and killed him. If it wasn’t for the Tribe of Ersel animals, we wouldn’t of won. I learned that being greedy doesn’t get you anywhere. Kurkah betrayed us out of greediness and became the Phantom King, and now he’s dead. That’s my story,” I finish.
“Cool story!” the small lion shouts. Another one of his friends claps.
“But now we have to find the Forgotten Alpha. The real battle is yet to come,” Nova interrupts.
“Yes. Now all of you go. We have to get ready for our journey,” I say out loud. The small animals leave us. Nova and I begin to talk. Right now we’re on the bridge in Jamaa Township, in the shade and away from the blazing sun.
“Nova, the final battle will be a betrayal. Liza told me that before those smaller animals wanted to hear our story,” I explain.
“But who will it be against? The Phantoms?” Nova wonders with curiosity.
“No, Nova. I have no idea who will be stronger than the Phantoms,” I answer.
I stare at my light brown fur. I am small for my age. Two wolves in their late teens stand by each other, and they are Nova and I. I am much smaller than her. She is the normal size for a wolf. But I’m not. I have light blue eyes and my light brown fur makes me seem even weaker. Oh, I wish I was as bold and kind as Nova. She has seemingly pink eyes and dark gray fur. She has known me or my whole life, and is my best friend.
“Come on, Nova. We have to find two other animals to come with us. I’ve decided that Mincero, Sinsar, Keenen and Rapicik are coming with us,” I tell Nova.
“Okay. I’m thinking about Padanda coming, too. Her reputation is enough to convince me,” says Nova with a load of confidence.
“All of these warriors live with us and help the alphas fight against the Phantoms. I’m sure there’s more, but where are they?” I ponder.
“I don’t know for sure, but I’m assuming that they’re scattered around Jamaa just like everyone else,” Nova responds.
Nova and I get off the bridge and start walking into the heart of Jamaa Township. There’s no warriors around, just small animals that are still young.
“Maybe in the Chamber of Knowledge- warriors and alphas like going there,” Nova comes up with a bright idea.
“Yes!” I reply.
Nova and I sprint to the bridge on the other side of Jamaa Township and into the Temple of Zios. The jungle reminds me of what I saw on the journey to find the Phantoms.
The fallen statue is a landmark in the Temple of Zios. They say phantoms come out when you sleep by it, but nobody knows for sure. It’s just another myth like the ice. But, we did break the ice… and found a hidden land.
“Cup! What are you doing? Come on!” Nova shouts to me. I realize that I’m lost in thoughts and just sitting here while Nova is already at the Chamber of Knowledge. The trees block the sun so it’s a little hard to see, but I manage to make my way to Nova and the Chamber of Knowledge.
Once we’re inside, I can see how ancient the place is. There’s old books and ancient floors in here. There’s bookshelves upon bookshelves and so many artifacts from the original battle against the Phantoms. The only light in here is from a torch, which makes it dimly lit.
“Hey! Look! It’s a warrior over there!” Nova point at a very old, wise looking rhinoceros.
Nova walks over to the rhino and explains the journey we’re going on. The rhino stares at us for a long period of time, then says “I will go on the journey. But I don’t want anyone annoying me. If they do, I will destroy them instantaneously. Oh, and you can call me Dawn,” Dawn warns.
He seems brave. Nova and I nod at each other. I’m not afraid of these kind of animals anymore.
“Okay, we have to hurry. We’ll meet the others at my den,” I demand.
The three of us head to my den, with myself leading the way. Once we arrive at my den, Nova goes to gather the other six animals coming with us.
“Oh, Cup! I’m so glad you’re alive!” my mother races to greet me. I just now realize that I haven’t talked to my mother since I got back from the journey.
“Cup, even though I may seem mean, I will always- no matter, even if I have to give my soul to the Phantoms… I‘ll always love you as my son. I wish you luck on your new journey,” my mother, Rosa, another light brown wolf with blue eyes, says.
I hug her. I don’t really want to go on another journey because I know I’m not the one. Why on Earth would I, of all animals, be picked to go on these dangerous quests?
My mother lets go of her grasp on me and Nova arrives back with the rest of the six animals.
“Okay, let’s go to Liza for directions,” Nova says. I say one final goodbye to my mother then the eight of us head down into the back part of Jamaa Township, where Liza lives in her hut.
“Liza, we are ready. These are the six animals we’re bringing with. We need to know the directions to find the Forgotten Alpha now,” I explain.
“You will all have to visit The Tribe of Ersel Animals once again. I’m sure you two already know the way. They know where the Forgotten Alpha lives from what I’ve heard. But we don’t. I am sorry for this distraction, Nova and Cup, but you must ask Ersel himself where the Forgotten Alpha is,” Liza explains thoroughly.
“It’s okay, Liza. An adventure is exactly what we need,” Nova winks at me.
“Now go You have to get back soon. I have no idea when the final battle will start or who it will be against. Leave now, because it could start at anytime!” Liza orders.
The eight of us exit Liza’s hut and head towards Mt. Shiveer. While Nova leads the way, I get to know some of the animals coming with us on our second quest.
I first approach Rapicik. He is a middle-aged fox with lots of humor from what I know. Ut he is also brave to be helping us. He has a bright orange and white pelt.
“So, Rapicik, you used to be friends with The Forgotten Alpha? What was his name, and what was he like” I ask him, trailing behind Nova.
“His name, I believe, well… it’s been so long I can barely remember. It was at least when I was in my teens I last saw him. I think it was Faber, and he was a large and wise tiger,” says Rapicik.
“That sounds interesting. Rapicik, have you ever been on a quest like this?” I ask him.
“Yes, multiple times. I love to fight the Phantoms and help save Jamaa,” Rapicik laughs.
“Well, I don’t think I deserve to be on this journey. I’m too small and I’m weak. I can’t fight a battle! Kurkah almost killed me if Ersel didn’t come in time,” I explain my worries.
“It doesn’t take looks and strength to win a battle. It’s your wits,” Rapicik lets a wise quote escape from his mouth.
I think about the quote for a second. Rapicik is a great addition to our party.
I walk over to Padanda, who I’ve never talked to before.
“Padanda, it’s an honor to meet you. I’m glad you’re on the adventure with us. I’m sure you’ll be a large help!” I smile.
“Thank you. It’s an honor to meet you, too. I’ve heard you saved Jamaa,” Padanda relies with a large grin. Padanda looks very similar to Liza- wearing alpha clothes. She has a pink flower in her head and has a sceptre she always carries around.
I nod, knowing that I didn’t really save Jamaa. It was Ersel. But I keep quiet. I don’t feel like talking to anybody else. Keenen follow behind me, along with Mincero and Sinsar.
“Hey, Cup, do you remember the pirate ship I used to live on?” Keenen asks right as we arrive at Mt. Shiveer.
“Yes, I do,” I reply while looking at the large crowd of animals by the broken ice.
“Well, I decided that I’m not going back to live on another pirate ship. I’m staying in Jamaa with you guys,” Keenen smiles.
I smile, then continue looking at the crowd around the broken ice. Oh, yes- Nova and I had to break the ice with the mysterious wolf to get down to the prairie.
“I advise you all not to go down the slides. It’s too dangerous for you. Only animals on this mission can go down there,” I tell the large crowd. All of the animals are still in shock that the ice is broken. They nod in understanding, though.
The eight of us go down the ice slides and into the prairie. I glance and Nova, and she glances back.
Here we are, just where we started last time.

1 comment:

Swirlshine said...

I'm super excited to hear more! I can't get over how great of a writer you are! :)