Sunday, August 7, 2016

A Jammer's Dream, Part 4

Hey guys, I'm sorry for not posting yesterday! I became really busy at the hotel and I needed to spend time with my family. I'm sorry about this. But anyways, I'm back and ready to post again. We're starting today's posts off with another part of A Jammer's Dream. I'm planning to make this series pretty long, with multiple books included. Also, I can't put this ALL of this into paragraph form because Blogger doesn't allow it. Finally, if you haven't read the first three parts, go read them now or this won't make any sense. Now, here is the fourth part!
P.S. The highlighter was a mistake. I accidentally put it on there, and now I can't take it off. But the story is still visible, so there's nothing wrong. 

The three of us find shelter and I speak to Kurkah.
“Cup.. I just wanted to tell you that… well, you’ve changed me. On this journey, I’ve started to realize that rares don’t mean everything and buddies mean alot. I just wanted to ask for your forgiveness because I’ve been such a bad person. Cup, can we be best friends? I’m very thankful for the person you are,” Kurkah.
I look at him. He has to be serious.
“Sure, Kurkah. I know that being famous is tough, but all famous Jammers have to care about their buddies. As long as you’re trustworthy, you can be one of my best friends,” I tell him.
“Thanks, Cup!” Kurkah smiles widely.
We are now in a small, wooden compartment that we discovered. It is just enough room for the three of us. But I am worried about the future. I can’t stop thinking about the future. I am about to fall asleep. I can only see darkness. I am tired…
“Cup, you are going to face betrayal soon. Danger is coming your way. Be aware of your friends. One will attempt to kill you, and we can’t let that happen. You are the future of Jamaa. We need you. Cup, you might not think so, but you have potential… the potential that nobody else has…” Liza whispers. I’m in a white- wait. I’m in a place… but just floating. Everything is white except for Liza and I.
“Who is going to betray me?” I quietly ask.
“I am not sure. But you need to watch your back. The one you feud with shall be your savior,” Liza speaks.
“Wait, what do you mean?” I ask.
“You will find out on your own, Cup.”
“Please! Tell me!”
“Cup, you need to learn how to depend on yourself if you want to be the future of Jamaa,” Liza finishes.
“But I don’t want to be a hero! Nor a villain! I just want to be me,” I begin to cry.
“But Cup, you will be you. But you’ll be in a much better place. Just follow the plan…” Liza begins to fade away.
“Please! I want to know!” I scream. The whiteness is now becoming darkness. I appear to be in a dark forest. It’s very dark. And big, shadowy figures stand around me.
“What’s going on?” I whisper, wondering if the figures will respond. They don’t. Are these phantoms?
A much smaller, shadowy figure steps out. These couldn’t be phantoms. They are animals. And they look like they’re about to go to war. But with what?
“Once again, Cup, you will rescue Jamaa. Every prophecy speaks of you. And a new danger will arrive. Watch your back… only trust the ones you know you can…” Liza’s voice is coming out of nowhere.
“Please, just tell me what this all means!” I plead.
The dark forest fades away, and I’m now on an island. I can see large mountains that go so high into the sky there’s snow on them. And on the top is a huge fort. I’m standing by Nova and Kurkah, while many rats are standing behind us. I can see a forest leading up to the mountains. We must have to go through it to get to the mountains. But why? Why do we need to go to these mountains?
“You will meet here. In those mountains will be where the betrayal takes place. You then shall find a portal at the fort. It will take you to a place by Jamaa, where you can head home from there. But I’m warning you- if the betrayal succeeds, you won’t make it back and Jamaa won’t live on,” Liza’s voice is again coming out of nowhere.
“Okay, I understand,” I say out loud.
And now I know what this place is. It is Carntimyus Island, where the Phantoms are at.
“Cup! Why are you talking? Did you have a bad dream?” Nova shakes we awake. I can see the morning light seeping through the cracks in the walls. I now remember that we’re on a pirate ship.
“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine. But how close are we to Cartinmyus Island?” I ponder why rubbing my eyes with my paws.
“I talked to Keenen, and he listened to the pirates. It’s been confirmed we’re going to Carntimyus Island. We’ll be there by tomorrow morning,” Nova explains.
“Nova- would you ever betray me?” I suddenly blurt out.
“Never! What makes you ask that question? I’d rather die than betray you!” Nova says in confusion.
“Well, I don’t think you really like Kurkah-” I start to say, but Nova interrupts me.
“Kurkah is greedy. He’d betray you for rares and gems,” Nova growls.
“Not he wouldn’t! Nova, he’s changed. This journey has made his personality much better. Please listen!” I beg.
“Kurkah will never be my friend. He’s only with us because he followed us,” Nova argues.
“But not all of those ‘famous’ Jammers are bad!” I try to convince her.
“I know not all of them are bad, but it’s obvious Kurkah is.”
I decide to be quiet. Maybe Nova will betray me. She won’t even consider my thoughts. I walk to where Kurkah lies down on some pillows stolen from a room on the ship.
“Kurkah, I’m sorry that Nova doesn’t enjoy your presence. But I do. I know you’re a better person now,” I sigh.
“Thanks, Cup, you’re the best friend I’ve ever had. It’s hard to get somebody like you when you’re famous,” Kurkah explains.
“Keep watch on Nova. I don’t exactly trust her that much anymore,” I warn Kurkah.
I begin to think about the rares I could get from Kurkah if he becomes my best friend. I could be so popular, and none of the bullies would be rude to me anymore. Maybe he is the right choice of friend for me.
“Kurkah, can you share some of your rares with me once we get back? I won’t have to be so unpopular like Nova and I have always been. It’ll also be cool if I can become the rarest person ever! Nobody would bully me. But I don’t care about Nova now. She doesn’t even like me,” I whisper to him.
“Sure, Cup. I also know about those bullies on the bridge. With me by your side, all they’re jaws will drop. You’ll be more popular than all of them with me and rares!” Kurkah promises.
“Shh! Not so loud-” I start to say, but Nova interrupts.
“Cup, I can’t believe it. You care about rares now more than your self respect. You’re being the kind of Jammer you aren’t!” Nova gasps.
“Nova, he’s fine-” Kurkah tries to explain.
“No, he’s not. Not with a greedy imbecile like you. I wouldn’t care if you died in a hole right now, You only care about rares! I know it’s true, I just know it is! You’re tricking us! You are going to get us all killed!” Nova shrieks.
“Nova! Shut up, right now! He’s not as bad as you think he is! He has changed! So stop being rude to him, and how about YOU go die in a hole?” I scream at her.
Nova’s ears suddenly droop. She closes her eyes, and turns around quickly. Before leaving, she says “I thought we were friends.”
She then runs away.
“Kurkah, I wish she wasn’t such a bully. I know deep down in my heart that you have changed,” I assure Kurkah.
“Don’t mind her. She’ll understand soon. I guarantee that. The three of us will conquer the Phantoms and save Jamaa,” Kurkah grins.
“Sounds good. Let’s go find Keenen and go see where we’re at,” I tell Kurkah.
Kurkah and I get up and head out into the other part of the walls. Every rat calls it ‘the hallway’. We go down the hallway and small torches light up the way so we can both see. Around every corner there are smaller compartments and vents that I’m assuming rats live in. At the end there’s an opening which leads out onto the front deck.
“A wolf and an Arctic Wolf will be seen easily up here. We can only stay up here for a little while,” I tell Kurkah.
“Yeah, especially Arctic Wolves like me. They stand out,” Kurkah replies.
I spot Keenen, who is hiding behind some cargo. He gestures for us to come over. I look to make sure the captain isn’t looking. When he’s not, Kurkah and I race over to where Keenen hides behind the cargo.
“It’s about the middle of the day. We’ll be there in the very early hours of tomorrow, so we don’t have much longer to go. But I can see a bad storm coming,” Keenen warns and points up ahead.
Miles ahead there is a gigantic cloud that is nearly all blackness. It looks like it is swallowing up the depths of the ocean from here. There is so much rain it is visible from here. The clouds swirl like a forming column of air. Could there be a waterspout forming up ahead? Or a hurricane?
“I don’t like the looks of it. Right now, we’re in the sunny part of the ocean. The waves are nice and blue, there’s not that many clouds, and the ones we do see above us are white and fluffy. But miles in front of us there’s nothing but blackness and terror to come,” Keenen groans.
“There’s going to be lifeboats available if we need them. The ropes are already cut off of them, so it’ll be no problem getting onto them,” Keenen assures.
“We have to get prepared. I’ll go warn Nova. Keenen, you should get your rats ready. The Island has to be on the other side of that storm,” I order. Keenen looks at me like I’m not his boss. I show my teeth, and then he quickly scatters away to go warn his rats.
“Let’s go, Kurkah,” I demand. We both sprint back into the walls to warn the others. Kurkah I go go down the dimly lit hallways and all the way back to where Nova is staying.
“Nova, there’s a big storm coming. We need you to get prepared,” I say.
“Why? It’s not like anybody cares about me around here,” Nova growls.
“Yes they do. Now please, come to the front deck and slowly stay there until we need a lifeboat. Once that times comes, everyone will charge onto one and get into the water before the Pirates do,” I explain.
“Whatever. I’ll be there. But don’t mind me,” Nova sharply says.
I look at her, and she looks back. She has betrayed me.
Kurkah and I walk back out into the hallways and meet up with Keenen and his pirate rats.
“I just heard that the storm is nearly here. It has been going much faster than expected. We need to go by the front deck just in case we have to escape the boat,” says Keenen.
“What is the storm wipes out the boats, too? We have a better chance of staying on this ship than getting onto one of those small things,” a rat in the crowd points out. He does make sense, but if something else makes the ship sink, we have to get onto a lifeboat.
“Get back! Everyone! The storm has arrived! Don’t listen to Keenen, those lifeboats won’t help us!” a rat who Keenen tells me is Arkitan shouts.
“Arkitan, trust me. If the boat does get dangerous, we’ll get onto a lifeboat. But if not, we’ll stay here,” Keenen says right when the ship hits the first gigantic wave.
Kurkah and I are sent tumbling down the hall as the ship’s front is now facing upwards. The torches fall off the walls and a large fire is started on the wooden floors. Some rats catch on fire and begin tumbling down towards Kurkah and I. Right before they touch us, the two of us race into the compartment where Nova sits against the wall that is now tipped over.
“Get ready, the ship is going to hit another wave!” I shout as the ship begin to falls back down into the regular position is was in.
Another wave hits, but this time it is from the sides. The ship falls onto its side and rats go tumbling across the walls. Shortly after it is now completely capsized. Kurkah, Nova and I hang onto some pipes that are connected to the walls.
A third wave hits the ship and nothing happens. Many more come, and the tenth one just manages to turn the ship back to the way it was.
“It’s probably sinking by now,” Kurkah pants after hanging onto the pipes for so long. Water begins trickling through the floors now.
Water spreads quickly and is now barely above our paws. Kurkah and I race down the hallway and to the other side. The storm is finally over, but the ship is sinking because of the damage it received during the storm.
Outside, Keenen and the remaining rat survivors are huddling into a lifeboat. All of the pirates have gone overboard because they were on the deck during the waves. Keenen tries pushing the lifeboat over the broken railings, but he’s not strong enough and there’s not enough water to let the boat go out into sea yet.
“Let’s go help him,” I say to Kurkah.
Kurkah follows me and the two of us help Keenen push the boat into the water. We hop in just as the ship’s deck plunges into the ocean. Water begins rushing towards the hallways and rooms are filling up with water.
“Wait a second- where’s Nova?” I scream. I tell Keenen to stop the boat and I plunge onto the deck. The water is at my chest and is quickly rising. I go into the hallway where bodies of rats lie that were burned by the fire. The water is now barely above my chest. It is getting close to my neck.
I reach the end of the hallway and find Nova knocked out. A fallen pipe must’ve hit her. I grab her with my mouth and swim above the water. It is now above my own head, so I have to swim.
I swim down the hallway, but very slowly because I have to carry Nova. I begin to sink underwater. I drop Nova. This is going to be the end for both of us.
Suddenly, the whiteness comes back. I spot Liza.
“Cup, this is not the time to give up. You can’t. Think about everything that will happen. Cup, believe in yourself. I already know you can do it,” Liza promises.
The whiteness suddenly goes away and I swim through the water. I find Nova and pull her through the water and to the end of the hallway, where Keenen and Kurkah wait for us. I just barely manage toss Nova onto the boat. This ship is now completely underwater, and I’m going down with it. I can hear Keene shrieking my name and Kurkah telling me to come back. I can’t give up now!
I crawl out of the hole and onto the sinking deck. I swim through the water. It’s hard with all of the salt getting in my eyes, and I’m about to burst if I don’t get any air. It seems impossible. I begin to sink again, knowing that I can’t do this. But- I just can’t give up. I use the rest of my strength to swim back to the shore and I hurtle myself onto the boat. I pass out once I’m finally there.

“Cup, you are brave. And you have proven it. You made it to the lifeboat and saved Nova even though you are feuding with her. I am glad you made the correct decision,” Liza says. I’m back in the whiteness with Liza.
“But Nova is evil. She is the one that has betrayed me! She didn’t even listen to what I was saying about Kurkah. I don’t trust her anymore. The only reason I saved her was because I know she can change,” I report to Liza.
“Oh, Cup. Sometimes you should listen to other people yourself. Also, you lost that crystal that you found in the jungle. It went down with the ship. I’m glad you did, because it causes bad luck when it’s with an animal,” Liza smiles.
“Let’s talk about Kurkah. He’s changed. I know he has. My instincts tell me that!” I try to explain to Liza.
“But your instincts are one of two. Both must agree for the real answer to be revealed. Nova could be the one that betrayed you, but after all, you haven’t arrived at the Phantom Fort yet, so you don’t know who will,” Liza makes a good point.
Liza is right. We haven’t arrived there.
“Then let this dream be over! I need to get there to get rid of my eager! This will all be over after we make sure the Phantoms can’t make it to Jamaa and we find them. Once we find them, we just have to take down the Phantom Kings and Jamaa will once again be safe,” I tell Liza.
“Okay, as you wish. But I shall talk to you again tonight. Goodbye.”

“He’s awake! Cup is awake!” I can hear Kurkah shouting.
“Good morning, Cup. Carntimyus Island is right in front of us,” Keenen says. I peer into the early morning sun. I can still feel the taste of salt in my mouth.
The ocean waves are calmer now, and the sky is barely orange. The sun shines bright in front of Cartnimyus Island. I can see the mountains. I can see the fort in the mountains. But I can’t see who will betray me up there.

1 comment:

Swirlshine said...

This story is amazing. So amazing. I LOVE IT!

I really hope you post the next part soon! I really hope that Nova won't betray Cup. But we'll have to wait and see!