Wednesday, November 30, 2016

A Jammer's Dream, Book 3: Greatness is Earned - Part 5

Hey guys! Today is the final day of November, and the Jamaaliday Scavenger hunt will begin tomorrow. There will also be many updates in AJ itself.
Now, let's move on. For the morning post today, I will be posting the fifth part of A Jammer's Dream, Book 3. Make sure to read the other books and parts before reading this one. Also, there may be errors, because I haven't done my final checking on it. This is also the last pat of the third book. Book four will be coming out soon, so stay tuned! Now, here it is.

A Jammer's Dream, Book 3: Greatness is Earned - Part 5
Immediately, many animals sprint into the bush dens, taking cover. But the strongest of them stay in sight, ready to fight the Phantoms. As they approach, I stand by Nova.
“This is it. We have to fight to the death if needed,” I take a deep breath as the Phantom hit the ground and start dashing towards us.
Faber rushes towards the first Phantom, which is the king. The Phantom King struggles with Faber, but Faber bites down onto its neck, not letting go. As the Phantom King struggles, Faber tosses it against the cliff, and it falls down dead.
Are the Phantoms already going to retreat at their King’s death? That’s what is supposed to happen. But they don’t. At least five more Phantom Kings are now in the distance, coming towards us.
“Everyone charge towards them all!” Faber orders, calling the start of the battle. We all rush towards the Phantoms.
I grab a phantom with my claws and rip it in half. Black goo falls out. Nova laughs a little at the sight. Then she swipes three Phantoms with her claws, and they all fall down. Rocky pin a large, fat phantom down and kills it.
However, now many more phantoms are spawning in with the help of the Kings. This battle is going to get hard.
I see Keenen drawing out his small sword, chopping apart the Phantoms as they ambush him. At least twenty Phantoms try to ambush me, but I become aware of all my surroundings and knock every one of them out when they try to strike me. All of the smaller Phantoms are dead… but now much bigger and fatter Phantoms are approaching. Two of them try to squash me, but I dodge them. I can see Dawn and Mincero fighting side by side, destroying many of the Phantoms. Rapicik and Faber also fight side by side, have no trouble at all.
Sinsar lights off an explosive, and it kills at least thirty of the fat Phantoms. But they continue to come, and each time, they get bigger. Nova is now struggling as five, absolutely humongous Phantoms ambush her. I race to her side and help her fight them off.  
“Help! Cup! Please!” I hear the cry of Keenen as many of the huge Phantoms ambush him from each side. His sword isn’t protecting him now. Keenen tries to fight off the Phantoms, but he can’t do it. They pin him down, and I can’t get to his side as the Phantoms block my pathway, shoving me away with their strong tentacles.
“Keenen!” I shriek. He isn’t in sight now as the Phantoms gobble him up like they don’t care at all.
“No! Keenen! Please! You Phantoms are pure evil! Evil!” I scream at the top of my lungs. A tear rolls down my cheek.
“I’m so sorry, Cup,” i can hear Roland’s low voice from behind me.
I turn back, accepting the fact that Keenen has been killed. I have more animals to worry about. More tears roll down my face in streams, but I ignore the pain and anger. I will help the others. The Phantoms will pay, however.
I am now fighting with Roland, Nova and Rocky as the Phantoms become even more difficult to fight. Nova kills one of the larger Phantoms, while Rocky and i pin one down together, killing it. Roland then follows and pins one down. He also kills it.
The battle continues and everyone is now starting to get weary. The Phantoms just keep getting bigger and bigger, and much harder to fight.
“Cup! Watch out!” I hear the screech of Nymin as he warns me. I barely dodge a large Phantom, but it crashes into a jagged rocks and dies from the wounds. I thank Nymin for saving me. Nymin and Marr are now both fighting by all of us, and it seems like Zone Two could now actually win the battle.
“Where are Karant and Brent? Why aren’t they fighting with us?” I can hear Roland growl as he pins down a large Phantom and kills it with his sharp teeth.
I know the truth. But sadly, I can’t say anything…
Rapicik tosses a large Phantom straight through the air, and we all stop in amazement to see his strength. Faber then kills off a large Phantom with only one of his claws. The battle is getting easier, but there are still many more Phantoms coming down towards us.
Maybe I’ve spoken too soon. Now it seems as if hundreds of phantom Kings, the largest type of Phantoms, are coming down. To win this battle, we must kill every one of them.
Dawn is the first to kill a Phantom King coming down. He pin it down and tears it apart. Mincero then does the same, while Faber and Rapicik work side by side to take them all down. Sinsar throws explosives at many of the mobs, and they work really well. Ajing is now joining in on the fight, and woah, he is a very good fighter. He slaughters a Phantom King within seconds, swiping at its heart with his razor sharp claws. He is pretty fast, too, so he dodges many of the electric volts that the Phantoms try to hit him with.
Out of nowhere, Katira the wolf comes to help us. She rushes into the battle and joins us by my side.
“Cup, your father is in danger. And I was just told that Karant wants you to visit him tonight… in the Crystal Cave,” Katira whispers in my ear as we both fight the Phantom Kings together. I nod, with a thousand thoughts flowing in my head. But I can only focus on one thing right now, and that’s winning this battle.
As we continue fighting, I hear a scream. A Phantom King has Ajing in his grasp, and the Phantom is cutting off his circulation. Ajing goes limp, and he’s dead. The Phantom King tosses him against the cliff, making sure to end him if he has any life left.
This just fuels my anger even more. I am so determined to fight. The next Phantom King tries to attack me, but I easily dodge it with extreme speed. I Swipe my sharp claws against it as it goes by. Then, when it turns around, I pounce onto it, and I end it for good. Another Phantom King tries to attack me from behind, but I jump into the air and land on it, pinning it down. I kill it with ease.
In the distance, I can see Mincero struggling as seven Phantom Kings attack him. He kills one, but the rest of them pin him down. But Dawn saves him when he picks up three of the Phantom Kings and sends them flying through the air. Mincero gets back up, and kills of the rest of the Phantom Kings attacking him.
Rapicik kills a Phantom King, and I can see that his fur is covered in blood. I can’t tell if it’s from him, or the Phantoms. But wait… it must be from him. The Phantoms have black goo for blood.
Faber also looks tired. He has bloodstains all over his fur. He struggles while fighting yet another five Phantom Kings, but he manages to take them all down with the help of Rapicik. Then I realize everyone is worn out, just by the looks on their faces. I look down at myself. Blood is soaking my fur.
Just then, I turn around to see that a Phantom King has Roland. Roland claws and bites it, but the Phantom King just ignores the pain. The Phantom picks Roland up with ease, despite everyone trying to help Roland. Roland is thrown in the opposite direction, and he lands right by the cliff. He begins sliding over, but his paws barely catch onto the smooth concrete forming the top of the mountain. Down below are the jagged, sharp rocks where Padanda herself died. Roland looks extremely scared and his eyes get really big. His claws begin sliding off the edge and then he falls down to his horrible death in the rocks.
I can hear the gasp of many as they realize Roland is now dead. But it just makes me even more determined to fight these evil creatures. They invade us and kill my kind. But I fight back.
Nova and I fight side by side, despite our exhaustion. It is now the afternoon and a heavy snow begins to fall. It looks like we’re in for a blizzard.
Suddenly, while I’m lost in thought, a Phantom King pins me down to the cold ground covered in newly fallen snow. He’s about to kill me when Nova pounces on him and kills him. I thank her, then we all continue fighting.
I kill another Phantom King, and another. I’m on a roll again, and this is all revenge for them killing my friends. Nova and I fight side by side once more as the battle comes to an end.
The snow is now lightly falling as we all stare at what is going on up ahead. Dawn is being attacked the largest Phantom King. But Faber is now sprinting towards Dawn, and he pounces onto the largest Phantom today, knocking it off of him. He then pick the Phantom King up, and tosses it towards Rapicik, who is ready. Rapicik opens his mouth widely, and when the Phantom is near him, Rapicik clamps down on the Phantom King, making it squeal in pain. Rapicik twists his head to rip apart the gigantic Phantom. Black goo sprays out of the Phantom Corpse, and then Rapicik drops it. The last of the Phantoms have been killed.

“We thank you all for your patience, and we have won the battle. But several have died. I would like to thank Keenen, Ajing and Roland for their services. They all fought well and I am so angry for their deaths,” Faber announces. It is now late at night and the whole Zone is having a meeting in the arena. The battle ended earlier, and now Faber is announcing everything that is to come for Zone Two.
“I know that many Phantom Kings could not come out of nowhere. Somebody must’ve spawned them in. I have no idea who it is was, but they shall pay. And I have a feeling it has something to do with the dangers lying in Jamaa. Once we have checked the perimeters and made sure no Phantoms are still around, we shall begin our journey to the land of Jamaa,” explains Faber.
“And when we find who caused this battle today, they will be destroyed,” Faber’s grin turns to a dead serious scowl. The anger in his eyes is so strong that it sends shivers down my spine. Whoever did this is going to pay.
“That is the end of this meeting. Everyone prepare for the journey,” Faber finishes, suddenly jumping down from the tallest jagged rock and heading towards his bush den to gather some things. He, along with Rapicik, Dawn, Mincero and some of the other fighters of Zone Two are going to search for any signs of the Phantoms again. Once they are sure there are no more, we will leave for Jamaa.
As Nova walk to the bush dens with Rocky, I sneak off in the direction of the Crystal Cave. I haven’t forgotten what Katira told me during the battle. I know this is the time to save my father from Karant and Brent. I just know it is.
As I walk down the dirt path, a shiver goes down my spine yet again. What could Karant and Brent be doing to him? I have to get there, and fast. I sneak down it a quickly as possible. The snow makes it hard to see, but luckily, it also makes sure that nobody realizes I’m going in here. Nobody can see me through the swirlign snow unless they had a torch. I finally make it to the entrance of the cave, and I go inside of it.
“Well, well, well! If it isn’t Cup!” I spot Karant laughing with Brent in the corner of the Crystal Cave. Karant and Brent both have my father, Zikah, pinned down. Brent has his claws against Zikah’s throat so he doesn’t move.
“So, Cup! It all comes down to this. If you try to rescue him, we’ll kill you. If you don’t, your father will be so ashamed in you!” Karant chuckles with that evil grin on his face. I’d like to smack it off.
“And if you leave, you’d have to go through me first!” Katira’s voice alarms me as I turn around to see her now at the entrance of the cave.
“But Katira! I thought you were against what they do!” I say in pure shock.
“Nope, Cup. As if I ever cared about you!” laughs Katira.
My face begins to turn red with embarrassment. What am I going to do?
“Don’t worry Cup, I’ve got her,” I can hear a familiar voice shout. Suddenly, Rocky bursts into the Crystal Cave and pins Katira to the ground. She tries to get up, but Rocky’s grip is much too strong for her.
“Free your father! I’ll hold her off!” Rocky orders. I don’t hesitate. I dash towards Brent first. He tries to in me down, but I dodge him easily, and swipe my left claw down his face. He squeals and staggers back. But in his place comes Karant. Karant barrels into me, knocking me off my paws. He pins me to the ground, securing all places. But as he brings his mouth down to bite into my neck, he doesn’t see it when I open up my mouth quickly, and bite down hard on his head when it enter my mouth. He struggles in my grip and immediately lets go of me. I hang out, biting down harder and harder, just like I did with Jalar. Finally, Karant gets out of the grip and shoves me against the wall. He claws me against the face, and then I get a glimpse at him. His snout is just bone. I’ve ripped the skin off of the front part of his face and blood is pouring out. We stare at each other for a moment, locking down eyes. But then I pounce forward with all of my strength and attack him in the face again. As I pin him down, Brent bites my tail. I quickly use my hind legs to swipe him across the face, and he staggers back. I then turn around to see Karant staring me down again. As quick as possible, he pounces onto me and pins me down.
“Any last words, Cup?” I can hear him snicker despite his messed up face.
“Yeah! You’re pretty stupid to leave your neck wide open!” I laugh. Before he can do anything, I bite his neck that is left unblocked. He squirms around in my grasp, but this time, I’ve weakened him too much for him to get out. Slowly, he dies from the wound in his neck.
I step off of him, and wipe the blood of my snout. A lot of deaths have happened today.
“Now, Katira, you wouldn’t want to fight two of us, right?” Rocky grins as he continues holding her down.
“Yes! I mean no! I mean, ugh! No! Just let me get out of here!” Katira cries underneath Rocky’s strong grasp.
“Then let’s restart. Act like this never happened, and we won’t say a word to Faber. If that happens, then we can all be friends again. But if you do, I can say everything I want to Faber. I have the witnesses of Cup and Zikah, so you can’t stop us. And remember what you did today was wrong,” Rocky growls. He finally lets go of Katira, and she dashes out of the Crystal Cave.
“Now, what should we do with you?” Rocky, Zikah and I all turn to Brent, who is lying in the corner of the cave, wounded. He looks scared.
“Just because of all the deaths, we should let you go. But don’t say a word about it, or we can kill you and tell Faber. We will have permission since you’ve done a terrible deed. But remember what we said, little one. And by the way, you should really be trained or something,” I mock Brent. He shivers in the corner.
“Let’s go, Cup. Thanks for saving me. I thought so many times you’d never come. But you have. You are the best son an animal could have,” Zikah smiles.
“I’m not the only person to thank. If it wasn’t for Rocky, I would’ve had to fight three animals at once. That would’ve had a bad outcome for me!” I say out loud. Rocky smiles.
“I think we can actually be friends, Cup. I’m glad,” Rocky whispers as we exit the Crystal Cave and out into the now calm weather. The snow has finished falling, and blankets of it cover every inch of Zone Two.
“Cup! Rocky! Where have you two been?” Nova comes rushing to our sides.
I look at Rocky. He looks at me.
“We were just messing around in the Dream World,” Rocky says out loud. I nod, going along with the lie. Nova doesn’t really think about it, but she is just glad we’re okay.
“So, Dad, we have to journey back to Jamaa soon. I bet you’ll like it now!” I tell my father.
“I’ll give it a try. But i’m nervous about seeing your mother again,” Zikah- no, my father- responds.
“Don’t worry. She’s missed you,” I comfort him.
“Hey, Cup! I just wanted to tell you that you fought really good during that battle!” Marr rushes up to my side.
“Thanks, you did too!” I tell him.
“Yeah, Cup! You killed so many of the Phantom Kings!” Nymin laughs.
“It was so cool to watch!” Marr smiles. I smile back. Then I spot Faber calling everyone for a Zone meeting in the arena. All of us head towards the arena and sit down.
“I saw you fighting during the battle. You could probably defeat me in a battle right now,” Mincero laughs as he settles down beside me.
“I doubt it, you’re a pretty strong animal,” I respond.
“Even I believe it. Cup, I’m glad that you’ve found who you are. You are the one to save Jamaa!” I can hear Dawn’s approval of my fighting skills. I jump for joy on the inside. Dawn is one of the toughest animals to impress.
“Yes, Cup, you have improved a lot,” Rapicik settles down in front of me. I suddenly feel famous. Everybody likes me, and they are sitting by me and giving me compliments.
Nova smiles at me. I smile at her. Then it looks like she’s about to say something.
“Cup, it’s funny how we went from being the most unliked animals in Jamaa, to some of the most liked,” Nova smiles.
“That’s true, isn’t it? Everything has actually payed off!” I brighten up, Before we can talk anymore, Faber interrupts, beginning the meeting.
“Sinsar, tell everybody what we have found,” Faber announces. Why is Sinsar speaking during this meeting?
“On the check for Phantoms, we found none. But we found an underground cavern filled with tigers. They told us a tiger named Gilbert had disappeared long ago, and we told them about him being in Jamaa. They explained that they sensed a betrayal coming towards Jamaa, and an old enemy would return. They told me this because they get weird visions about a mysterious place they didn’t know, but they believe it is Jamaa. So a betrayal is going to happen there, and an old enemy shall return,” Sinsar finishes.
A betrayal? And who is this old enemy?
Oh no. It just can’t be.
Kurkah.
It all make sense now. The betrayal. Somebody could’ve used the Dream World to bring Kurkah back to life. And Kurkah sent the Phantoms to us in many numbers. Only he could do that. Is Kurkah going to destroy Jamaa next? Is he trying to stop us?
But wait! Who would be evil enough to bring Kurkah back to life? Who would bring him back from the Dream World?
It looks like there are two animals behind the future destruction of Jamaa.

Epilogue
“I’m glad you didn’t forget, Cup,” Ersel laughs quietly. It looks like he’s been in many battles since the last time I saw him. His black fur is torn in places and his ice blue eyes are becoming red with exhaustion. I am currently in his room in the underground world where the Tribe of Ersel Animals live. I remember he told me that on the way back I should stop by, since he had something for me. And now I am ready to get it. There is something covered up by a blanket in the corner of the wooden room. The torch is the only light as I creep towards the item. Ersel, nods, allowing me to go forward. I take off the blanket, and on the other side there is a glowing orb.
“We can use it to communicate together, Cup. If Jamaa is in any danger, just tap it twice, and it’ll make a loud noise. Then I can come and talk to you,” explains Ersel.
“Thanks, Ersel,” I stare at the glowing object.
“Now you should go and save Jamaa from the dangers. Oh, wait!” Ersel says.
“Yes?” I question. What does he want?
“I had a vision. It was about someone returning to Jamaa, an old enemy. I have no clue who it is, but I think it might be someone to destroy Jamaa. Be on the lookout, Cup. it looked like a dark black figure.”

So Kurkah will probably be returning to Jamaa soon. But we are going to be ready for him.

No comments: