Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A Jammer's Dream, Book 3: Greatness is Earned - Part 1

Hey guys! I know I haven't released a full part of A Jammer's Dream lately. But today, for the morning, post, that's exactly what I will be doing. Remember to read the other books in the series before this one, or it won't make any sense. Also, there may be errors because I haven't completely checked over every page right now. But make sure to enjoy the story!

A Jammer's Dream, Book 3: Greatness is Earned - Part 1
Back in Zone Two
I stare at this new, unknown animal glaring at me with his similar blue eyes. I am in shock. He knows my own name, and he’s never met me.
“I’m sure you’re surprised,” he chuckles. I still ignore him.
“Well, do you remember me at all?” he wonders.
“You’re probably not going to answer, are you? I am Zikah, your father.”
The resemblance between us. My mother had told me that my father left long ago. I actually believe Zikah is telling the truth.
“But… but… how? Why did you leave me?” I stutter.
“Things are complicated, and I really don’t want to explain them. But we are back together. I knew you’d eventually come,” smiles Zikah. I give a forced grin back, not sure what to think about the awkward situation.
“I know you’re probably thinking this is weird right now. But trust me, it won’t be very soon. Cup, come with me for a second,” Zikah gestures. I follow him. If he is the one that seeks the ultimate power here, should I trust him? He could be my father, but he might just be lying.
I follow him out the bushy dens and out into the open once again. On this flat mountaintop, there is a crack in a cliff and Zikah leads me into it. It’s a tight fit, but I manage to make it all the way through. On the other side, there is an absolutely beautiful cave full of crystals, gold, diamonds, gems and so many other valuable things. I stare in complete shock because of what lies in front of my eyes.
“Cool, huh? I collected everything here myself over the years I’ve been here. I left Jamaa many years ago, but I regret it today so much. I’ve missed you, and I knew I’d never get another chance at raising a wolf cub. After I came here, I totally lost my memories of Jamaa and I forgot how to get back. But this is my home now,” Zikah explains very thoroughly.
“Cup, I’ve heard everything about how you grow up. Faber, the leader of this Zone, has a crystal globe that can predict what happens in Jamaa. We can’t communicate with anybody there, and they don’t know about our globe, though.”
“What’s so special about me?” I ask him about the question that taunts me in my dreams.
“You are the one to save Jamaa.”
I act like this doesn’t bother me, but it really does. They must know all about me. What else does this Zone know about Jamaa?
“Do you know anything about the great danger that awaits Jamaa?” I question him.
“All I know is that a mysterious force, and it’s not the phantoms, is going to try and take over Jamaa,” replies Zikah.
I gulp. This has to be real.
“Cup, why don’t you go talk to some of the other Zone members? I’m sure you’ll love to get to know them all,” suggests Zikah, and I stare back into his similar blue eyes with an understanding glance.
I exit the crystal cave and Zikah ventures deeper into it. Once I’m outside, I spot Rapicik and Faber chatting by the broken bridge. Then a huge, muscular wolf that also looks exactly like me captures my attention. He notices me quickly, and he begins talking.
“We have a resemblance. I am your brother,” he suddenly blurts out. But wait- how did Zikah get another cub?
“What’s your name? And how is that even possible?” I start asking questions.
“I am Jalar, the second in command here in Zone Two. I am expecting to become leader soon. Your mother never told you this, but there was another cub she had. I was born right a little before you, and your father took me here. I don’t remember why, but this is my forever home now,” Jalar explains.
“How many more secrets do the animals here have to reveal?” I sigh. I can’t take in this information any more. I’ve met my long lost father. And now, suddenly, I have a brother. How could all of this happen in such a short amount of time?
Oh, and Jalar. He’s not much older than me, but he’s already larger and more muscular than Rapicik himself. He has the same light brown fur and blues eyes as myself and Zikah. This is why I believe them both, and there’s also the fact that Zikah knows about some of my secrets.
Jalar walks over to the cliff where other, large and muscular wolves sit by him. One looks at me, then smiles and starts a conversation with the others.
“Hey, you! Come here!” the smiling wolf grins, pointing at me. Embarrassment starts flowing through my body. I sense that something bad is about to happen.
“I’m Karant,” the gray wolf with green eyes introduces himself. He stares at the black wolf sitting next to him, who also ha green eyes. They both snicker, but Jalar remains unemotional.
“And I’m Brent,” the black wolf says. Then he starts cracking up.
“You look so weak! What is your Zone like? Or do you even have one? Do you get good food? Do you even know how to fight?” Karant laughs and tears start rolling down his cheeks.
“Yeah! You should really be trained or something,” Brent grins widely, laughing with Karant.
I can’t control myself. I leap towards Karant, pinning him down. But he’s strong and fast. He easily tosses me off like a mouse and pins me down before I can get up. His grip is so strong it feels like one thousand pounds of weight is being dropped onto my stomach. I gasp for air, and I spot his frightening, sharp claws near my throat. His claws are longer than my teeth and they look like they were sharpened with a stick.
“If there’s one thing you don’t do around here, that’s messing with us,” Karant suddenly becomes dead serious, and the grin is wiped off of his wicked, daring expression. He finally lets go and I stagger back, out of his grip. I then realize that nearly everyone in the whole zone is staring at us. I make my way back to the bushy dens as the sunlight slowly begins to fade.
As I enter the dens, Rocky is sitting by Nova. I remember how jealous I am of him. Nova is also still angry with me.
“Hey, Cup, if you’re staying in here, go to the other side and sleep,” demands Rocky.
“Why don’t you make me?” I challenge him, growling. Then I take a step back. Two fights in one day wouldn’t give a great first impression on the other animals of Zone Two.
Rocky starts licking his golden, lion fur and acts all kind and courageous. Nova just stares at me, expressionless.
But then she speaks.
“Cup, I’m sorry,” she says out loud. Rocky then stops grooming himself and glares in my direction.
“I guess I’m sorry, too.”
“Rocky isn’t my kind of friend. You’ve always been there for me Cup, and I have to choose you,” Nova smiles, and she gets up and heads towards where I am laying down. Rocky’s jaws drop wide open, but he doesn’t say anything to argue.
“I’m glad you understand. But Nova, you can still be friends with Rocky,” I suggest. Even though I hate him, he deserves to still be her friend.
“Only if he’s okay with that,” she replies. Rocky doesn’t say anything, but turns his back towards us and begins to fall into a deep sleep.
Nova shrugs it off, and begins to go to sleep. Just then, Rapicik whispers my name outside of the bushy dens. He says that I need to come with him for a little while.
“What is it, Rapicik?” I wonder.
“The Forgotten Alpha, Faber, wants to see you. He wants to train you,” Rapicik explains.
Train me? Like I’ll ever become a good fighter. Yet, I am supposedly going to be the one to save Jamaa, so why not get training from one of the best?
“Are you sure he really wants to take his time to train me, of all animals?” I ponder.
“Yes, I’m sure. And please, don’t underestimate yourself, Cup,” Rapicik orders.
I just shrug, and Rapicik leads me through the darkness. Most of the animals are all inside of the bush dens, but he Forgotten Alpha himself stands on a tall rock in the center of the Zone.
Rapicik gestures for me to go up there and talk to him. I hop on top of the rock, then Rapicik leaves the two of us alone.
“Cup, you have to be trained. I’ve been getting so many signs from Mira. I’ve not gotten them since I still lived in Jamaa. You are truly special for them to send signs to me. It is very difficult to send signs to someone no longer a part of Jamaa,” Faber guarantees.
“I know,” I just nod.
“You might not have much skills right now. You couldn’t defend yourself against Karant. He’s really experienced, so I understand that. But Zikah is the one to watch out for. Some of us believe he’s nice, but some of us believe he’s up to something more mysterious,” whispers Faber.
Honestly, I don’t think that is true. Even though these animals believe Zikah is bad, I know he isn’t. A voice in the back of my head tells me he isn’t, but there is definitely something weird going on with Jalar, Karant and Brent. However, I don’t decide to argue with the Forgotten Alpha.
“To enhance your skills and make you the one to save Jamaa, I will train you. Starting tomorrow in the early morning. Now go and get some rest,” Faber demands. I then jump off of the rock and dash as quickly as possible to the bushy dens. The conversation was short, but it was important. Now it’s time for some good night’s sleep.

No comments: